November 22 Building Update 067
“Thanksgiving Edition, Vol. 2”
Hard to believe another year has gone by so quickly and the Thanksgiving Holiday is here with Christmas just around the corner! SO, do you know what time it is??? If you said, “it’s Howdy Doody time!!!” You would be incorrect, but, I do appreciate your sense of humor and nostalgia!
No, it’s time for the Building Update Thanksgiving Edition, Vol. 2. A time where we stop and reflect each year on God’s many blessings. This year, I would like to thank God for the many blessings that He has bestowed upon the AR building project in 2021. The scripture verse for today is from 1 Timothy:
“For everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving, because it is consecrated by the word of God and prayer.”
– Timothy 4:4-5
I believe I could list a hundred items to be thankful for this year, but for the sake of time and space, I will list just a few:
- Thankful for a congregation that when it sees a need with the building project, it does its very best to fulfill that need.
- Thankful for the leadership and expertise Ashley Ridge Church has in place to deal with the complexity of the building project.
- Thankful for the General Contractor (GC) and all our subcontractors that have stuck to us like glue in 2021 while we sort through the myriad of details, challenges and obstacles.
- Thankful we are close to a swap deal with Lennar for a 12 acre piece of property next to Ashley Ridge High School which is higher in elevation.
- Thankful that we have received the boundary survey on the alternate site from Lennar and that a topographical & tree survey has been completed.
- Thankful for our real estate attorney, Catherine LaFond, who has reviewed the swap agreement and made revisions to facilitate the building process and protect AR interests.
- Thankful for the progress we have made this year on financing the new Ashley Ridge Church home base.
- Thankful for the success of the “Push & Comp” so far in raising $64,984 of the $100K needed to move forward with the building project next year.
- And, thankful for YOU and YOUR unwavering support for the building project! Hope everyone has a wonderful & safe Thanksgiving!!!
Derrick Horres, AR Building Team Leader