July 12 Building Update 082
“Interim Project Report”
Ashley Ridge Church is entering a critical but VERY exciting Civil Engineering & Schematic Design (SD) Phase in the building project, so I wanted to give everyone a detailed Interim Project Report of what’s been accomplished thus far and what lies ahead for the future. Over the past 2 1/2 years, the AR Building Project Team has been working hard to lay the essential groundwork for a successful completion to the building project.
To that end, the following major project goals have been accomplished:
- Paid-off loan on 10-acre tract of land located on Summers Drive
- Established Reserve Fund for project contingencies and to meet bank lending requirements for future construction loan
- Established Building Fund for construction-related expenses to be used for working capital prior to receiving construction loan
- Negotiated Swap Deal with Lennar for new building site (12 acres) higher in elevation next to Ashley Ridge High School (ARHS)
- Received Boundary & Tree Survey for new building site from Lennar
- Completed Concept & Design of new facility & campus – see attached site plan (graphic) for Phase 1 & Masterplan
- Secured Business Line of Credit (LOC) for construction related expenses
- Signed contracts with the following subcontractors: Cypress Engineering, LLC for civil engineering, Equip Studio for architectural concept & schematic design/construction docs & building plans and WAVE.US for sound design
- Steps taken to secure utility service access for water & sewer from Dorchester County Water & Sewer (DCWS) along with required easements from Lennar and Dorchester County School District-2
The following major project goals are still to be accomplished:
- Complete application for submission to Dorchester County Planning for Special District (zoning) approval
- Secure necessary utility easements from Lennar and DCSD-2
- Close on property and new building site next to ARHS
- Conduct successful Capital Campaign to secure working capital for building project and fulfill bank lending requirements for construction loan approval
- Complete Civil & Architectural Schematic Design (SD) along with required construction documents & permits
- Sign contract with Trident Construction – General Contractor (GC)
- Break ground on new AR facility & campus by the end of the year!!!
Financial Report. With the necessary ground work in place and future project goals & tasks in the works, the success of the building project rests with the upcoming Capital Campaign scheduled to start in late August. The church will need to show the lending institution that it has the required financial reserves to qualify for the construction loan and financial strength in the way of regular contributions & planned giving to meet the loan approval lending criteria threshold.
Pastor Jenn & Staff have been working hard on planning the upcoming VERY important Capital Campaign to meet the bank’s strict lending requirements, and you will be hearing more from them about this very soon. BUT, I would like to take the opportunity to show the congregation just what we have been able to accomplish ***TOGETHER*** as a congregation since the BUDGET FREEZE back on January 1, 2020 with regards to regular giving & financial gifts.
As of Month Ending 6/30/2022 and since the BUDGET FREEZE back on January 1, 2020, AR has received & recorded contributions & gifts to the following:
-Building Fund $409,986
-General Fund $1,495,158
-Christmas Offering $51,341
*This is an average of $65,216 per month for the past 30 months
I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the congregation for all their support (financial and otherwise) for the building project to date. Without your unwavering support and dedication, this project would simply not be possible!!!
Conclusion. Despite a worldwide pandemic (and subsequent lockdown) and severe financial crisis, Ashley Ridge Church has done what it needed to do to position itself for this particular moment in time. It has overcome the odds and battled the elements to the point where we are now – the point where success is not only possible but achievable and with God’s help, we as a church, will “close the deal” and complete the building project not for ourselves but for future generations to come.
If you would like to make a contribution to the Building Fund for construction costs or the General Fund for operating expenses, you can do so here.
AR Building Project Leader
Having trouble viewing these images?
CLICK HERE for Phase 1
CLICK HERE for Masterplan