Building Update 091
November 15, 2022
We are getting close to the holiday season and are not too far off from saying goodbye to 2022. As I look back at 2022, I can see we have made significant progress on the building front. While it may not have been quite as fast as we all would have liked, it’s major progress just the same! Slow & steady wins the race!!!
We have completed some significant milestones and accomplishments recently with regards to the building project which should make Ashley Ridge Church “Shovel Ready” to begin Land Preparation on the new church campus in early 2023. Here’s a summary of recent accomplishments and milestones:
- Architectural Schematic Design (SD) completed by Equip Studio
- Civil Schematic Design (SD) completed by Cypress Engineering, LLC
- Civil SD set submitted to Dorchester County P & Z for permitting
- Architectural SD set submitted to Trident Construction (GC) for Pricing
- Finalizing Memorandum of Agreement (MOA) with Lennar for post construction improvements & repair of the access road & easements
- Finalizing utility easement agreement (water & sewer) with DD2 school district
- Launched the NOW. HERE. Capital Campaign to help finance the cost of the building project (see update below)
The NOW. HERE Capital Campaign (NHCC) officially kicked-off on Sunday, September 25, 2022. Since then the church has received 96 Commitment Cards as of November 8th. The goal is to have 150 Commitments in-hand by the end of 2022. If you have not made a commitment yet, please consider doing so as every commitment gets us a little closer to getting that “shovel in the ground!”
NOTE: The NHCC is a two year campaign to generate funds for the building project and qualify for the construction loan. A successful capital campaign will allow AR to self-finance at least part of the building project cost and conserve valuable financial resources and save on mortgage loan interest.
If you would like to fill-out a NOW. HERE. Commitment Card, you can do so by attending the worship service on Sunday where cards are available or on-line here.
AR Building Project Leader